T-minus 18 days. Can you tell I’m ready to be celebrated?
Mother’s Day is right around the corner and I want to help you treat that special mother in your life because moms make the world go round! We do it all: clean, cook, teach, love, work, plan, etc. One of my favorite quotes about motherhood: “Mom is a title just above queen” and when you think about a queen, there’s a lot to her. She carries the weight of the world on her shoulders all while wearing a crown. The queen is the most powerful piece in the game of chess – able to move any number of squares vertically, horizontally or diagonally. There is not a single obstacle she cannot overcome. It’s a powerful concept that applies to moms. There is a force within us fueled by a love that cannot be measured or explained. We take the hard hits and get back up over and over.
I cannot begin to explain what a wild ride my first year as a mama has been. Our first year journey has been out of the ordinary (read our birth announcement post for more deets) and our road to parenthood had ups and downs. I feel strongly that motherhood begins the moment you make a conscious effort to care for your own health in preparation for your child’s arrival. The parenthood journey is unique for every person and equally special. From the day you want to embark on that special journey until the arrival of your baby and loooong after, you will change a thousand times and learn a thousand different lessons. I was 7 months pregnant a year ago and a completely different person – this is why it can be tricky to find the right gift for mom. She evolves and grows with each phase of motherhood.
They say a baby’s brain grows most rapidly in the first year and this is a critical period for learning. In my opinion, the second most critical period for growth and learning is throughout motherhood. Wherever you are in your journey please know there is a sisterhood surrounding you…. cheering for you – believing in you – empathizing with you. Sure, there are those who judge other moms and raising a baby can be sooo incredibly political, but that’s not what The Social Grapes is about. Every mom is welcome to sip with us, complain, brag, laugh, cry, stay in pjs and just be who you are! With that said, here are some of the things that are helping me in this phase of motherhood. Also included some things that helped me through the days of wishing, hoping, and praying for our baby to arrive. If you are reading this and your partner or bff is fighting a silent battle or feeling discouraged, send her a reminder that she is amazing. Mother’s Day can be such a difficult time for women and a small gesture can go a long way in helping them through this day.
- Angelite is not only gorgeous, it helps us connect to our higher self and the angels protecting us and guiding us on our path. It is believed to be connected to guardian angels of our future children.
- Overcome Rainbow earrings – wear these to remind yourself that you are more powerful than anything that arrives to break you, even if you don’t feel that at times. Let the rainbow guide you through. Check it out!
- Affirmation cards – a positive line a day can help increase positive energy. Love this set!
- Rose quartz is for love and acts as a purifying energy crystal and is said to aid in overall fertility.
- I own this mug and it both encourages me to stay strong while acknowledging that being a mama is tiring af (the back says tired as a mother)
- We all have moments when we feel like the worst mom, so remind her she’s the greatest. Also a to go mug is key for moms since we’re now always on the go and a thermos helps from spilling all over the place!
- This diaper bag is chic, clips to your stroller, and fits all the crap you need for venturing out with a tiny human.
- The first 5 months or so you will find it difficult to care about your hair. I lived in chic headbands and trust, you will too!
- You’re not just any mother, you’re a phenomenal mother and you should own that shit!
- I want all the mama branded things like this necklace in case this baby on my hip didn’t scream “I’m a mom!” loud enough.
- Fanny packs will be your best friend. I legit walk with this every day around our hood, hike with it, take it to the beach. I like a nice fanny, what can I say?
- Coravin bc when she is nursing you won’t be able to pound a bottle a night and dads, don’t bogart the wine!
- When the world is back to normal and park days are upon us, safely transport your vino and enjoy responsibly.
- I love these wine glasses – my favorite baddie designed them – Jancis Robinson. Enough said! I’m giving away a set in a couple weeks!
- Mirabelle Selects has monthly wine subscriptions. Since the thought of traveling abroad with a baby is terrifying and exhausting, let her travel there by glass. They source sustainable, boutique wines from family owned wineries in Spain and France. Here’s the Mother’s Day wine box!
- Bubbles! Because you’re a mom now and any time you can enjoy a bottle is a cause for celebration. We Drink Bubbles is female-owned by a San Diego mama and she sources the coolest bottles from all over the world.
Never was a tech lover, but Alexa legit has my back all day.
- My phone is never more than 10% charged and dies once a day. Portable chargers are all the rage for new moms. We’re using our phones for music, taking a ridiculous amount of photos, and recording every cute moment. I burned through one already and now this cute Rifle Paper Co. one is on my list (hint hint, Greg)
- Photoshoots are expensive and every day moments are precious. Let her have some fun with that creative side and step up her photography skills with this easy to use DSLR.
- Echo can connect to every smart device in your home and I shout at her daily to play “Baby Shark” and she always comes through. She sets alarms, makes calls, and reads you the news so you can pretend to be dialed in still.
- This silk scrunchie is kind to your delicate postpartum hair and helps prevents creases. It also looks adorable af in a high pony. I’m all about a fast, convenient boost to my up do and this is it!
- I own this Skims robe and it has changed my life. It is so incredibly soft and makes me feel like a million bucks.
- A foot bath needs little to no persuasion. Moms feet are aching after a day of chasing the kiddos around, probably without shoes on bc #pandemiclife. Bonus gift: make a promise to mom that you will keep it clean for her.
- These slippers say mama bear and I’m here for it. These are comfy and light for the upcoming summer months!
- Make her feel sexy with some satin pajamas but also this matching set comes with an eye mask. Never used an eye mask until having a baby and it WORKS! She will love — also the mask functions as a “do not disturb” sign.
I hope you enjoy these ideas! Tag me if you shop for these — I love connecting on the gram and seeing what you enjoy 💖
Thanks for sipping with us,
The Social Grapes